In the world
The average cost for one blood test for horses is
Our aim is to reduce it by half or more.
Horse blood parameters
The blood volume of a horse equates to approx. 7-8% of its body weight;
accordingly, the volume of blood in an adult horse of average weight (500 kg) is around 35-40 litres. (FEI campus)
- Red blood cells supply the body with oxygen.
- One millilitre of blood contains between 6.5 and 10.5 thousand million of RBC.
- Low number of red blood cells cause anemia, while a high RBC is most commonly cause dehydration.
- Lifespan approx. 150 days.
- A high WBC indicates inflammation or infection.
- A healthy horse has between 5.0 and 11.0 million leucocytes (WBC) per millilitre of blood.
- Lifespan approx. a few days.
- The normal protein level in a horse blood is